Ezrah is OUT of surgery!



Ezrah is out of surgery! (Pic was from this morning during pre-op.)

First, thank you PRAYER WARRIORS and supporters. We can FEEL our village holding our backs and arms up and caring so much about our "Little Ez." It's hard to keep up with the messages, but please don't stop. They are honestly what is keeping me upright.

Tony and I just spoke with Dr. Umberhandt (Dr. Bob.) The initial "frozen bone" sample he took in the OR did not show immediate malignancy. This is good. However, it will take 3-7 days for the bone to de-calcify to confirm this. It's the "hurry up and wait" urgency that SLAYS me. We aren't 100% sure it's NOT malignant, but this is a good start. And we will CLAIM it! PLEASE PLEASE continue praying and adding her to your Church Prayer Lists. We COVET your prayers right now.

The bad news is, we didn't get the "pus" indication we had hoped for to show that we are dealing with an infection. 

We are staying at Randall's overnight, in a BEAUTIFUL room with a breathtaking view (Becky & Ezrah) so that Ezzie can begin receiving antibiotic treatments. If this starts to take her bone pain away, it will help us lean more towards the side of bone infection. 

Once we have the complete lab results of the biopsy, we will proceed, evaluate and get imaging (MRI) on her other pains. (Shoulder, Hip, Right Leg) I don't know how long we will be IN the hospital. My best guess is we will discharge tomorrow, unless we get different news.

We now wait. This is the hard part. I feel like I couldn't breathe these last few days, and now,  I'll be holding my breath a bit longer. 

I do want to share this...Ezrah opened some of the cards last night and I could just FEEL her smile. Is that even possible to FEEL someone else's smile? When I came downstairs this morning, she was looking at all the hung up cards singing: "I've got the JOY JOY JOY JOY down in my heart..." It took my breath away and put my heart IN my throat. If you know Ezrah, you know she's her namesake: Ezrah JOY. Thank you for bringing her such JOY when her precious heart is scared and dealing with big, scary unknowns. I can never thank you all. I simply don't know how.


Comments

  1. You are letting us all love on you. The thanks go to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can all learn a lot from sweet Joyful Ezzie! Praying all the live long day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing and keeping us updated !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell her Ms Angel and Mr Paul Love her lots and lots and we are praying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ezzie, big hugs from meemaw!♥️♥️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the update! I am holding you all close in my heart and praying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such good news in a small dose❣️ Run w/it. So sending my best. Love, love to you all❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love you Nelson’s! Ezrah you are an absolute toughy!! Brave, strong, and a fighter! You are amazing! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keeping you all close and in my prayers! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking and praying for E often. Praising God for this hopeful news today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sending Ezzie heart filled prayers and strength to you all as you get through this. You are an incredible family and are loved by so many! God is with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for keeping us updated! You’re such an amazing family! Praying for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So thankful for these bits of good news in the midst of such hard stuff….to navigate. Continuing to pray for your sweet girl & you all 💕

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing young woman. I hope the pain from the procedure is minimal and well controlled. Early news is promising... prayers continuing for Ezrah and all who love her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad to read your blog today and hear she made it through surgery and the initial results look promising. Keeping you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am finding myself waking every morning, since I heard the news last week, thinking of and praying for your family. The tennis center felt heavy yesterday as we are all an extended family. I will continue to pray for Little Ms Joy and for the family and for health. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Worship is such a healing balm during times like this! So glad Ezrah felt like singing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back at OHSU for a JAUNT

Another surgery for Tony on 6/10

ATP Dreams and OR Shenanigans