Recovery


 *UPDATES*

5/24

3:30PM


I think this last round may take a minute or two to bounce back from. Two surgeries totaling nearly 12 years on the operating room table, and another 5 days in the hospital took its toll.

He's tired.

He's sore.

His head feels funny.

He has ZERO appetite. 

He's up quite a bit at night.

He wants the drain out.


I had a dear friend remind me that having all the drugs and anesthesia pump through his veins in such a short amount of time IS going to take time to get OUT of his system. We had JUST felt like he was making quick progress. We felt the upswing SURGE last week.

Then, BAM.

I know he will still return to work in mid-June.

I know he will push as much as he can.

I know he will test his limits...and mine.

I know he will fight like hell.


For now, it's time at home, with the kids. We will take it day by day. Together. 

Comments

  1. Together - perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Together is best. Slow and easy. Lots of rest. Lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back at OHSU for a JAUNT

Another surgery for Tony on 6/10

ATP Dreams and OR Shenanigans